Before traveling to NYC and Times Square:Times Square New Year's Ball Drop. The third time I stayed. We spent some time preparing for our trip. My wife and I are well-traveled but always plan in each of our trips.
Here are some things we considered game-changers when we came to New York and Times Square:
- Prepare to be around a LOT OF PEOPLE
- Make a list of all the Restaurants in Times Square you can eat for less than $15
- Carry extra cash. The attractions sometimes only take dollar bills.
- Download a NYC Train App. The app contains delay and map / route information which can make your trip so much more pleasant.
- Buy a Week / Daily train pass. Walking around NYC is pretty easy, but you can navigate faster (especially if you have a "list" prepared.
- Get a selfie stick. I know… it sounds corny. But you can cover so much background while on an elevated position.
- Carry 2 bottles of water at all times - Trust me. There will be times when you need that water to wash your hands.
- Phone charger. NYC has charging stations all over the place. You are going to need a lot of charge to have your camera on.
- Hotspots and Reception - Download their apps. New Yorkers take their wi-fi security very serious. Do your research and have a backup plan for access to the internet.